重庆时时彩建站 www.hiaxk.com 2018年專插本公共課英語配套練習題
11. The managing director took the _____ for the accident, although it was not really his fault.
A. guilt B. charge C. blame D. accusatio
12. The worker agreed to _____ the strike if the company would satisfy their demands.
A. call for B. call forth C. call off D. call up
13. I could just see a car in the distance, but I couldn't _____ what color it was.
A. look out B. make out C. get across D. take after
14. He has impressed his employers considerably and _____ he is soon to be promoted.
A. eventually B. yet C. finally D. accordingly
15. It was a great _____ for him to be pleasant to people he didn't like.
A. attempt B. trouble C. power D. effort
16. The firemen managed to _____ the fire in time.
A. extinguish B. prevent C. suppress D. ruin
17. What is most obvious in this book are all those details of daily living which make Mrs. Richard _____ common.
A. nothing but B. anything but C. above all D.rather than
18. The car was completely _____ and the driver seriously injured.
A. broken off B. taken off C. written off D. picked up
19. On this happy occasion, I'd like to say that we are _____ much obliged to you for your kind cooperation.
A. even so B. ever so C. as yet D. so far
20. His new appointment takes _____ from the beginning of next month.
A. place B. effect C. post D. office、
答案詳解11.[答案] C. blame.[注釋]take the blame for 對......承擔責任。Take charge of負責管理 (照顧) 。[注意]charge 前無冠詞the.
12.[答案] C. call off [注釋] 詳見III,25,26注釋。
13.[答案] B. make out [注釋] 詳見III,123注釋。
14.[答案] D. accordingly.[注釋]accordingly (=for that reason, therefore) 因此, 所以。
15.[答案] D. effort.[注釋] effort (作可數名詞用) (=vigorous attempt) 努力的嘗試：Does it require a great effort of will to give up smoking? (戒煙需要堅強的毅力嗎?)
16.[答案] A. extinguish.[注釋] extinguish (=put out) vt. 撲滅 (火焰等) 。Stop the fire雖然也可以搭配, 但按本句題意用extinguish為最佳。
17. [答案] B. anything but.[注釋] anything but (=far from being) 根本不; The boys knew they bad broken the rules, and they were anything but happy when they were called to the office. (=They were unhappy and afraid.) nothing but 只不過; Don't have him for a friend; he's nothing but a criminal. (不要把他當朋友, 他只不過是個罪犯。) I have nothing but two dollars. (我只有2美元。) above all最重要的。rather than 而不是
18. [答案] C. written off.[注釋] write off報廢, 參看III, 200.注釋; break off參看III.13.注釋; take off參看III.170.注釋; pick up參看III.130,129.注釋。
19.[答案] B. ever so.[注釋]ever so (=very) 非常; It's ever so cold.與名詞搭配時則用ever such, 如：She's ever such a nice girl. (她是一位非常好的姑娘。) even so (=although that is true, nevertheless; still) 即使如此：The fire was out, but even so, the smell of smoke was strong. (=The fire was out, but the smell was still there.)
20.[答案] B. effect. [注釋]take effect 生效。